Main Objectives and Job Roles:
The prime function of this role is to grow business profitably both reactively and proactively and to retain and develop our existing database of clients maximising profit from within the weddings and special event markets where the Event Sales team are responsible for performance as defined by market segment ownership.
To ensure high quality service, on time and to budget by representing “Whittlebury Weddings and Special Events” to enable us to fulfil our contracted promises to clients consistently which dove tails and leads to an exceptional event delivery.
To act as an ambassador for Whittlebury Hall & Spa Ltd (WHS) ensuring that a positive brand image is strengthened and maintained in all interactions with customers through structured planning with the Marketing team.
A key member of the WHS Event Sales team, pro-actively engaging in forward planning for the company.
Main Areas of Responsibilities: Tasks and Duties
- Meet with prospective wedding couples for meetings and site inspections.
- Meet with prospective clients for meetings and site inspections for their special events.
- Determine and confirm availability of event space, room and food and beverage needs.
- Offer and promote additional Estate products and services such as Spa & Golf.
- Communicate food and beverage capabilities for the Estate, from private functions to dining outlets.
- Create proposals based on needs, interests and expectations of clients encompassing all facets of the Estate
- Close sales and all aspects of sales management.
- Write contracts and agreements covering all aspects of a wedding/wedding weekend.
- Write contracts and agreements covering all aspects of special events.
- Ensure all leads generated are followed up in line with the customer journey SOP and expectations as defined Head of Weddings & Special Events and Head of Event Sales.
- Attend regional bridal shows.
- Seek out online and traditional publications for promoting Whittlebury Weddings and Special Events
- Work closely with Head of Weddings & Special Events and Head of Event Sales to coordinate tracking and payment, and to implement wedding product and pricing updates on an annual basis.
- Work closely with the C&E & Reservations team when coordinating weddings and special events
- Participate in weekly BEO/Function sheet meetings, addressing issues and concerns for stakeholder groups relative to the wedding segment.
- Daily use of Visual 1 to book event space and create BEO's.
- Prepare all necessary purchase order and/or miscellaneous slips to ensure proper billing and confirms that the sales receipt reflects all contractual agreements.
- Follow standard billing procedures to ensure entire amount of sale is received by collecting payment in advance for the entire amount and collecting payment for any charge incurred on the day of the event by the end of the event, in conjunction with established billing policies and procedures.
- Be on site to execute assigned weddings and special events when & where necessary/appropriate.
- Act as a Customer Service representative to solve guest issues on a daily basis for the market segment ownership
- Develop and implement a Weddings and special events sales plan that will deliver or exceed the annual budget and plan to drive performance within the weddings and special events market
- Work closely with the marketing & revenue team(s) to identify appropriate PR & Marketing channels that pro-actively position WHS as a domestic & international leading Wedding/event solution and price strategically in line with competitors & opportunity
- Contribute to client satisfaction by ensuring the team provide timely, accurate communication, and follow-up for potential and confirmed business
Person Specification -Qualifications/Knowledge/Experience
- Highly professional and committed to the wedding and special events industry
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
- Previous experience of running events; in particular private events such as weddings
- Previous experience in event sales and putting detailed proposals together
- Good understanding of different wedding cultures
- Good understanding of catering requirements
- Availability to work late nights and weekends on a regular basis, but realistically linked to contracted hours
- Excellent telephone and message taking etiquette
- Focused on delivering a high level of customer/ client service
- Confident and professional approach when dealing with clients and event suppliers
- Able to work under pressure and multi task particularly during the peak seasons
- Understanding of the relevant social media streams
- Team player
- Self-motivator and starter
- Results driven
- Hands on
- Focussed on customer service
- A creative streak to make Whittlebury Weddings and Special Events stand out
- Weekly Appointment Targets
- Conversion Targets
- Business Growth for Special Events
This Job description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the jobholder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.