MAIN OBJECTIVES AND JOB ROLE:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Chef and Sous Chefs to prepare food, supervise and take part in the day to day running of the section.
- Ensure that a high standard of preparations and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen.
- Makes sure and checks that all mis-en-place is up to date and liaise with other sections with their mis-en-place and wastage.
- Check weekly function sheets and order sufficient stores.
- Check kitchen beverage stock and control on a daily basis.
- Oversees staff on the section, training on the job, and ensure that the section runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Delegate staff in their duties and keep up standards in health, safety and hygiene.
- Is generally alert for opportunities to improve the profitability of the section.
- Reports and hygiene problems including pest sightings to the Senior Sous Chef or Sous Chefs.
- Reports and defective machinery or equipment immediately to the Sous Chef.
- Be constantly aware of new ideas and create new dishes in the F & B outlets.
- Ensure that all food items are date stamped.
- Maintain a high standard of discipline to reduce waste and accidents. Report all faults, errors, complaints and compliments to the Senior Chef on duty.
- Prepare hot dishes for staff meals when requested.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To adhere to all the company's procedure on health, safety and hygiene.
- Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation and security procedures for the Hotel.
- Report any accidents and potential hazards to the Department Head.
- To attend any internal or external courses that management may deem beneficial.
- To be alive to new ideas and systems which could benefit the department or hotel.
- Attend departmental meetings.
MAINTAINING IMAGE OF THE HOTEL
- To be smart in appearance and courteous at all times and to act as an ambassador for the Hotel.
- To be punctual for duty at all times.
- Train all new staff to a competent standard of work in the section.
- To take charge of the kitchen occasionally in the absence of the Sous Chef.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by management.
- To be flexible in the duties required of you, by assisting in another department if requested to by Department Head.