Main Objective & Job Role
• To consistently achieve the Front Desk service delivery standards of check in and out and customer service.
• To provide a constant point of reference for guest and colleagues.
• To ensure correct and efficient handling of cash and credit payments.
Main Area of Responsibility
To provide a high standard of customer service in a warm, professional manner whilst adhering to company standards. You will provide personal and effective customer service in all areas of your job role responsibilities and liason with guests. To focus on the daily function of the reception, maintaining a high standard of service and care in a friendly, relaxed and clean environment.
Tasks & Duties
• To promote a helpful, caring and professional image to guests and staff at all times.
• Operating switchboard internal and external calls in the manner laid down in the procedures.
• To comply with company regulations as stipulated in staff handbook, regarding uniform, timekeeping and general conduct.
• To anticipate and provide for guest needs.
• To greet all guests warmly and sincerely using the guest’s name at all times.
• To regularly make contact with guests during their stay to ensure everything is satisfactory, taking actions and reporting issues to the head of department or duty manager.
• To give full cooperation to any colleague requiring assistance or training and to anticipate your colleagues needs, working together as a team.
• To maintain and ensure that all Reception floats are at the agreed balance, reporting and taking action to correct any discrepancies immediately, as well as to ensure the security in the Reception area for handling floats and keys.
• To complete registration and administration duties as per Hotel standards.
• To attend and participate fully in departmental and company training sessions as required by your Manager, and to implement the given training as well as to taking responsibility for your personal development within the company.
• To attend and contribute to staff and departmental meetings as requested by your Manager.
• To comply with any statutory and legal requirement for fire, licensing, health and safety and to ensure that you are working in accordance with these requirements.
• To maintain a gook working knowledge of Whittlebury Hall, its history, facilities and activities available.
• To promote hotel facilities, Food and Beverage Outlets, Management Training Centre, Leisure Club, Beauty and Hair Studio, maximising internal sales.
• To maintain a good knowledge of reservation procedures, rates, promotions, and room upselling. To be aware of availability and take reservations where necessary.
• To read function sheets, guest correspondence letters, memorandums and any other relevant information to ensure that communication between the Front Office department and all other department is maintained at all times.
• To be flexible in assisting around the hotel in response to business and guest demands, as well as to any other reasonable duty, as requested by the Management team or the Duty Manager.
Salary: 40hrs per week contract/ £18,720 per annum and after successful probation your salary will be £20,009.60 per annum
This role is known internally as an S2 role, and some of the benefits associated with this role are:
- Free Golf & Leisure membership
- Cashback on essential health care (Full time staff only)
- Employee awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions - 4x salary death in service policy (Full time staff only) -
- Staff canteen with free staff meals (currently paused whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place)
Discounts on: food & beverage, hair studio appointments, Spa products, hotel stays, Virgin Experience days, new cars
COVID-19 considerations: We have received industry awards for being COVID secure.
To apply Email: email@example.com Or complete the application form below