MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To assist the Front Office Manager in consistently providing impeccable service to all guests & ensuring the front office team runs smoothly & consistently at all times.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To help create a team environment, which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the department and the hotel.
- To ensure effective communication within the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings, for example, function sheet meeting, 10 o’clock meetings and others as required. To report to Front Office Manager and implement agreed actions and communicate to team.
- To promote a helpful, caring and professional image to guest and staff at all times.
- To assist the Front Office Manager in the continuous development of a Front Desk, Porterage & Switchboard training programme.
- To pay particular attention to correspondence checks, rate checks, billing accuracy and payment procedures and ensure that all allocations are correctly administered and within correct time scales.
- To maintain and implement SOP manuals for Switchboard and Reception and Porters.
- To ensure that all tasks carried out by Reception staff, are done so in the required standard and ensure that the Reception checklists are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- To exercise discipline over all Front desk team and ensure they are working within the company guidelines.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all guests arriving and departing, by using Function Sheets, correspondence letters and any other information available.
- To anticipate and provide for guest needs and always aim to exceed their expectations.
- To promote hotel facilities, Food and Beverage Outlets, Management Training Centre, Leisure Club, Spa and Hair Salon, maximising internal sales.
- To be flexible in assisting around the hotel in response to business and guest demands, as well as to any other reasonable duty, as requested by the Front Office Manager or Senior Management Team.
- To manage the department on behalf of the Front Office Manager in their absence (holidays/days off) and to carry out any duties as required.
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 depending on experience
This role is known internally as an S1 role, and some of the benefits associated with this role are:
- Free Golf & Leisure membership
- Cashback on essential health care (Full time staff only)
- Employee awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions - 4x salary death in service policy (Full time staff only) -
- Staff canteen with free staff meals (currently paused whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place)
Discounts on: food & beverage, hair studio appointments, Spa products, hotel stays, Virgin Experience days, new cars
COVID-19 considerations: We have received industry awards for being COVID secure.
To apply Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or complete the application form below