- Your first date:
How we met – first date …where and when - was it love at first sight?
We first met at work, whilst working at a Residential School- working with children and teenagers with complex needs; including autism, global developmental delay and learning difficulties.
- The proposal (where and when)
He proposed on a cliff over the beach in Olhos De Agua in Portugal in September 2019.
- The dress was ……
Roses Bridal Boutique- Kempston
- The suits were
Fogartys- Leighton Buzzard
- Our budget was spent on ……
Our amazing pop/rock band- Season, Incredible florist- Charlotte Ayres and perfect venue- Whittlebury Park.
- Planning is the key to a stress free wedding.
The idea/plan that really worked for us was ……
Excel spreadsheet to manage budget and know when payments were due.
- The important things you were looking for in choosing your wedding venue
- Somewhere people could stay over
- A venue that was easily accessible for our older/ disabled guests
- A venue that didn’t mind us having a band (you would be surprised at how many venue’s who said they we wouldn’t be allowed a band!!)
- A “blank canvas” so you could style as you wish
- A wedding co-ordinating team who was very responsive to emails and queries. Even through the covid pandemic! Whittlebury were amazing at supporting us though our change of date.
- Wedding specialists we chose to complete the look and our ideas were ……
Florist – Cake – Disco/band etc.
Florist & table decortations: Charlotte Ayre
Photographer: Esme Robinson (she was absolutely incredible!)
Videographer: Amy Lightowler
Cake: Lisa Adams
Master of Ceremony: Lincoln Noel
Chairs and chair covers: Quality chair covers
Flower Wall: Bespoke light up letters
Mr & Mrs balloons: perfect parties
Cake Stand: Wedding Beautifuls
Wedding Stationary (invites, welcome sign and table plan)- SObespokedesign (Sarah O’Reily)
- The best part of the day was ……
Seeing all of our family and friends in one room together. Especially after the last couple of years we have had.
- If we could give one tip to other couples it would be ……
Trust your suppliers when it comes to ideas and designs. They do their job for a living and are experts!
We were blown away with Whittlebury Park. We want to thank all of the team including the wedding co-ordinators, waiters, waitresses, bar staff etc. They were so so friendly, responsive to our questions, and nothing was too much trouble! The little touches including the golf buggy back to the hotel in the evening and the Rolls Royce to transport my bridal party and I from the hotel to the Orangery. If you’re thinking about booking Whittlebury as your wedding venue… don’t think.. just do it!!
Name: Date of Wedding:
Daniel and Nicola
Mr and Mrs Pereira 22.04.2022