Main Objective & Job Role
As a member of the Pro-shop team at Whittlebury Park you will be responsible for carrying out all front of house tasks within the sports office and sales duties in the pro-shop. Whether you are answering the phone or dealing with enquiries, taking bookings, selling and promoting shop merchandise or providing information to members, you will be required to deliver an efficient and friendly service to members and guests at all times.
This is a full-time role on a rota basis, including weekend and evening shifts.
Main Area of Responsibility
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A good telephone manner.
- Basic IT knowledge.
- Previous Pro-shop experience is desirable but not essential.
- Highly organised with attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills - written and verbal.
- Passion and drive as a team player.
The role consists of the following duties;
- Opening, running and closing the Pro-shop.
- Managing a 36-hole golf course, driving range and practice facility.
- Customer service.
- General housekeeping.
- Course marshalling.
- Driving range related duties.
Salary: £10 per hour
This role is known internally as an S2 role, and some of the benefits associated with this role are:
- Free Golf & Leisure membership
- Cashback on essential health care (Full time staff only)
- Employee awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions - 4x salary death in service policy (Full time staff only) -
- Staff canteen with free staff meals
Discounts on: food & beverage, hair studio appointments, Spa products, hotel stays, Virgin Experience days, new cars
COVID-19 considerations: We have received industry awards for being COVID secure.