- Your first date: We first met at work. It wasn’t love at first sight – it was laugh at first sight and we have done every day since …. 11 years!
Our first date was a ‘getting to know you’ meal at a local restaurant.
- The proposal - on my birthday 18/03/2017. Gerry even picked a ring with my birthstone. Yes! he is that romantic J Gerry’s actual proposal was in bed! not what you think – the ring was in amongst all my lovely birthday presents and we toasted with a morning cuppa.
- The dress was …… Sottero and Midgley Quincy purchased from Once in a Lifetime - Stony Stratford. Audrey listened to what I was after and chose a dress for me to try. It was a no brainer – 4 dresses later I’d found THE DRESS.
- The suits were hired from The Suitors in Buckingham.
- Our budget was spent on …… Silver Service Singers – they were the best. Money well spent and a wonderful surprise for my H2B ! I would fully recommend to any couple to have them on their special day – it was the perfect start to the party. Budget was also spent on Guest Factor – Photo Booth and Chocolate Fountain.
- Planning is the key to a stress-free wedding.
The idea/plan that really worked for us was …… just to let me get on with it J Gerry has a stressful job so I had complete control in the planning and enjoyed each and every minute of it, it was fun adding the little extra surprises for him. I had an excel spreadsheet and everything was logged to within an inch of its life.
- The important things you were looking for in choosing your wedding venue We were looking for the perfect venue and my oh my The Orangery at Whittlebury is the perfect venue. We knew right from our first visit on a sunny afternoon, and it was confirmed by each and every one of our guests on the day. It was lovely to have the ceremony, the wedding breakfast and the evening party all in one location. Truly a fairy tale location, still get emotional now thinking about it. We may even renew our vows just so we can do it all over again!!!
- Wedding specialists we chose to complete the look and our ideas were ……
Florist - The Secret Garden in Northampton
Cake – Hockleys in Northampton
Disco – Mark Risby the UKDJ Ltd
Photographer – Mark Fraser
All recommended by Whittlebury – they sure do know their stuff!!
- The best Part of the day was …… Obviously getting married! It was also lovely to have all our friends and family from far and wide together in one place at the same time. One of our favourite memories was the grooms face when the Silver Service Singers started their floor show.
- If we could give one tip to other couples it would be …… one tip we would give to other couples is just enjoy YOUR SPECIAL day. It’s an emotional day filled with tears love and laughter. Take time out for each other, every hour or so find each other – have a catch up and see how their day is, stand back from the room and say – we made this happen.
- Testimonial: Our day was made all the more perfect by the superb staff on the day. We cannot thank Janine, Kate, Lincoln and Michael enough. Janine was amazing in the lead-up, meeting with us to discuss ideas and help us, she was always contactable with help and advice and never once labeled me Bridezilla! Kate was very helpful with accommodation and set up on the day. Lincoln, well what can we say – Lincoln was the star in his own right. We could not have asked for a better Pianist, he came to meet us before the wedding to get to know us, and we have had nothing but praise from our guests for him and how he made the day. Thank you for playing our songs so beautifully on the piano. Thank you to Michael who on the day, made sure everything went to plan and drove us on the golf buggy down to the lake! He was a great help to our MOH arranging the collection and delivery of all our guests – abled and disabled J Thank you also to all the bar staff and waiters, great team work.