Why you should secure a placement with us:
- We take our placements very seriously and understand that graduate recruitment is a competitive market. Your placement will not only be a place for you to learn skills and a greater understanding of the industry, but also an opportunity for us to show you how amazing we are so that at the end of your placement you will consider making us your workplace of choice when applying for a graduate role.
- We are able to provide a full hospitality industry experience to you. From serving afternoon teas to providing silver service in our award-winning restaurant; from making beds to dressing a wedding venue for 500 people; from picking up stray golf balls to dealing with 5,000 campers on the Grand Prix weekend we are able to offer you an experience which is hard to match.
- During your time with us, you will become part of the team, the same as any other employee and we therefore believe you should be rewarded in the same way. You will receive a competitive salary, along with a range of other benefits including paid annual leave, free meals whilst on shift , free gym and golf membership, discounted food (50% for tables up to 8 and 20% on tables up to 20), discounts on Spa treatments and products, plus discounts on overnight stays for friends and family.
- We can provide opportunities to practice interviewing techniques, will provide training on industry leading technology and an insight into how the industry works.
- As a business, we have strong values and recognise that our employees are fundamental to our success. We encourage all employees to immerse themselves in the business and challenge themselves to find a role where they can build a future. We will always support any employee who shows willingness and enthusiasm.
What will your placement look like?
We try to place our successful applicants into distinct parts of the business based on the needs at that time. You will start the placement in the F&B or Housekeeping Team and may apply at any time after your first 8 months for roles in other departments if they become available. The areas where opportunities may become available are:
Outdoor events including golf, camping and outdoor activities
Front of House
Spa and Leisure Club
Reservations & Conference & Events Sales
When will I need to work?
We offer a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week service to our customers. We expect all placements to be on a 40 hour a week contract working 5 days out of 7 including some weekends, evenings and early mornings.
How do you apply?
We recognise that as a student you may not have a full cv or much information to include on an application form. We expect our applicants to be independent and creative thinkers and our application process allows you to send your application to us in whatever format you think best highlights your talents. The only proviso is that whatever format you choose, this must be accessible to us on a computer.
If you have not been to Whittlebury Park before and would like to have a look prior to making your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR Team will be happy to arrange a meeting and give you a tour.