MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
The Telesales Research Executive is a key support role to the Corporate Sales Team who are responsible for profitable revenue generation for our multi-award winning destination & resort Estate that has a very diverse business mix.
The main objective of this role is to proactively research sales leads and make an agreed number of appointments for the Sales Managers on a weekly basis. The role will involve identifying new business leads as well as supporting the team on day to day administration tasks and manage specific projects.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To research new clients through sales tools, databases, internet and market information.
- To secure an agreed number of appointments for the Sales Managers.
- Work with the Sales Team to develop and maintain key customer accounts.
- Prospect for new accounts by researching past users and cold calling.
- General administration as required, report collation, and telesales activity.
- Email correspondence with suppliers, clients and delegates as required
- Database management
- Producing of event material for Whittlebury hosted events such as fam trips, corporate open days, off-site exhibitions
- Support with ideas for increasing revenue, new offerings within the Corporate Sales Team
- Attending internal meetings where necessary to represent the Corporate Sales Team
- Reviewing the revenue forecast to identify trough periods and areas of rate growth opportunity
- Administrative ownership for telesales projects
- Input to departmental policies & procedures and make sure monitoring systems are in place to ensure compliance
- Responsible for Health & Safety compliance and risk management within the sales office environment and on sales visits
- Fulfil such other duties or projects as required by the company within the scope of the post
- Represent Whittlebury at trade exhibitions and sales promotions as required
- Continually reviewing SOPs, updating and issuing as required as well as introducing NEW SOP’s as directed by Head of Corporate Sales/Commercial Director
- Carry out regular competitor analysis
- To provide assistance in the Sales Office on a business needs basis, offering assistance where necessary.
- Great personality with a buzz for sales and the drive to succeed
- Previous experience in a Sales focused or call centre environment is essential
- Excellent telephone manner and strong communication skills (written, verbal, writing)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task whilst maintaining excellent quality of work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Confident in dealing with a wide range of people, including clients and suppliers
- This position demands a capability in administration, and to be well organised
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability of working with databases (in Excel)
- Excellent time management including the ability to work under pressure
- Appreciation of budgeting /cost saving
- Self-discipline and excellent organisation skills
- Readiness to work additional hours at events
- Ability to manage upwards and prioritise activity; not afraid to say “no” if non-essential
- Understands urgent vs important in terms of prioritising
- A confident approach to telesales activity, but with cold & warm contacts
- Previous hospitality experience would be an advantage
- Creative approach