Main Objective & Job Role
The Primary Objectives of Your Role:
Managing the larger events booked through our enquiry specialist team, from conferences and exhibitions to large corporate parties and events. To lead, mentor and coach the Event Planners in their development. To ensure the team of planners are engaged and maximising all opportunities
The Secondary Objectives of Your Role:
You will understand the operational delivery of all events by working with the Business Operations delivery team regularly and being on hand to be able to step in and assist where necessary.
Main Area of Responsibility
What the day to day looks like:
• You will understand who all our clients are and what they want to achieve with their time at Whittlebury Park
• You’ll plan the Event Planners days and understand what needs to be achieved that day to fulfil the timely completion of tasks for upcoming events
• You’ll be auditing all bookings, checking the details are correct and that the team have maximised all opportunities
• You’ll be producing accurate event sheets for clients and colleagues and also auditing the teams’ sheets to ensure accuracy
• You’ll understand the company policy relating to contracts, terms and conditions, yield management and payments and be able to coach the team on this
• You’ll be meeting clients for site visits, sending out detailed quotes and carrying out follow up calls
• You’ll also assist where needed to deliver an exceptional customer experience to all
Who you are:
• You’re a real people person, you can chat to anyone and you make it your goal to understand their requirements
• You thrive when coaching and developing junior members of the team
• You have a minimum two years’ experience planning large scale events in a four or five star hotel or resort
• You can work on your own as well as part of a large team
• You’ll have a real eye for detail, the ability to solve problems on the go and be flexible to the changing needs of the business
• Ability to work 5 days out of 7 What we Offer:
• Amazing training across the Estate so you have the knowledge required to excel in your role
• Coaching and development for your career
• Fabulous staff discounts and promotions across the Estate
• A real family feel to work life – we are one team
Our Brand Purpose:
To establish Whittlebury Park as a landmark hospitality destination within the UK/domestic market, reinforcing its historical prevalence whilst providing a distinct and diverse range of outstanding services.
Our Brand Essence:
Is ‘The home from home’, most successful at providing consistent, high-quality services bespoke to the needs of the individual or company; creating warm and welcoming environments, and providing for our guests at a very high level instilling a sense of value and self-worth.
Do you have the drive and passion to make a difference for our guests?
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
This role is known internally as an S2 role, and some of the benefits associated with this role are:
- Free Golf & Leisure membership
- Cashback on essential health care (Full time staff only)
- Employee awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions - 4x salary death in service policy (Full time staff only) -
- Staff canteen with free staff meals
Discounts on: food & beverage, hair studio appointments, Spa products, hotel stays, Virgin Experience days, new cars
COVID-19 considerations: We have received industry awards for being COVID secure.
To apply Email: email@example.com Or complete the application form below