Main Objective & Job Role
To maximise all sales opportunities through the conversion of inbound enquiries into confirmed bookings for Whittlebury Park across market segments such as conferences, training, exhibitions, banqueting and life events. Own and manage the journey of confirmed bookings making sure they are correctly handed over to the event planning team, with whom you will work closely with.
To provide a high level of standards and customer care, ensuring all enquiries for Whittlebury Park are dealt with efficiently and effectively in line with office procedures.
You will understand the operational delivery of all events by working with the Business Operations delivery team regularly and being on hand to be able to step in and assist where necessary. You will also understand the pro-active sales journey, working closely with the pro-active Sales team.
- Be fully aware of budgeted revenue targets for the year, forecasts, sales and marketing plan
- Ensure upselling is taking place by all of the team
- Be responsible for actively selling all relative products of the Estate to potential clients. This involves close coordination with company training managers and conference organisers to ensure that a successful conference is held.
- In liaison with the Sales Managers, contact all potential sources of training, company meetings, congress, convention, incentive, wedding and banqueting business in order to generate business. Contact will also be maintained on a regular basis with all key accounts with preferred rates to Whittlebury Hall.
- To be part of a sales culture environment which identifies opportunities to maximise sales.
- To create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the department and the hotel
- To carry out quality training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business. To ensure training is recorded and members of staff are consistently coached on a one to one basis
Main Areas of Responsibility
- You will optimise sales through effective yield management of bed space and meeting room allocations
- You’ll ensure that all sales enquiries are dealt with within 2 hours or within the client’s service level agreement
- You will be part of a sales culture environment which identifies opportunities to maximise sales and upsell
- You’ll work closely with Sales Managers on potential new clients
- You’ll proactively chase all prospect and tentative bookings to convert or release to ensure booking opportunities and revenues are maximised
- You will meet with potential and existing clients for venue showrounds
- You’ll be managing the central sales inbox
- You’ll be reporting on conversion and potential new clients
- You’ll attend daily and weekly meetings
Who you are
- You’re a real people person, you can chat to anyone and you make it your goal to understand their requirements
- You will be the person that the client wants to speak to because you will ensure that their every request is dealt with efficiently, personably and with your personality and character behind it
- You are a sales closer and thrive on it !
- You understand the Events business as you have a minimum two years’ experience
- You can work on your own as well as part of a large team
- You’ll have a real eye for detail, the ability to solve problems on the go and be flexible to the changing needs of the business
- Ability to work 5 days out of 7
Salary 40 hours/£23,000 - £25,000 per annum
This role is known internally as an S2 role, and some of the benefits associated with this role are:
- Free Golf & Leisure membership
- Cashback on essential health care (Full time staff only)
- Employee awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions - 4x salary death in service policy (Full time staff only) -
- Staff canteen with free staff meals (currently paused whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place)
Discounts on: food & beverage, hair studio appointments, Spa products, hotel stays, Virgin Experience days, new cars
COVID-19 considerations: We have received industry awards for being COVID secure.
To apply Email: email@example.com Or complete the application form below