Senior Event Planner – Maternity Cover
Conference and Events Sales Team Manager
We are looking for a senior event planner to cover a maternity period! We are looking for somebody with event planning experience, preferably within the hospitality industry.
Managing our larger events booked through our enquiry specialist team, from conferences and exhibitions to large corporate parties and events. Work with and build a relationship with any accounts that you manage, ensuring all account enquiries are responded to within 2 hours and converted.
- Planning from the point of contract to execution of the event
- Responding to client’s questions and requests within a timely manner
- Advise clients along the journey to ensure a successful event
- Be an example to the rest of the team
- Act as a step in for when team manager is out of the office
- Build great relationships with sales managers, agents and new/existing clients.
- To be part of a sales culture environment which identifies opportunities to maximise sales and upsell
- Have full knowledge of the venue, our offering and our rates
- To actively promote the hotel in a professional manner at all times including the attendance at client events, networking and site visits as required
- To develop a good relationship with clients to maximise repeat business
- Meet with customers for site inspections and final details information
- Produce accurate function sheets and contractual information for clients and update as required
- Carry out follow up meetings or calls for feedback post event
- Achieve targets and objectives
- Be well-organised and able to work under pressure, with an ability to meet tight deadlines and problem solve as required
- To perform any other reasonable task/duty asked of you
- To liaise with external providers on behalf of the client in relation to outdoor activities and entertainment, transport and any other auxiliary service required
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the jobholder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.