MAIN OBJECTIVES AND JOB ROLE:
To ensure that cleanliness standards are maintained at all times, along with a high standard of customer care together with a relaxed but professional atmosphere.
• To report for duty punctually as per your department rota, wearing the correct uniform attire
• To be aware of, and comply with, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Hotel and Departmental Fire Procedures and to adhere to those procedures in the event of fire or fire evacuation.
• To comply with industry recommendations and any recommendations of the Environmental Health Officers, with regards to water sensitisation and any Health and Safety related issues with The Spa.
• To assist in the training of new staff.
• To be responsible for the cleaning of the Spa and to make sure all areas are kept to a high standard. That if any area is not to the satisfactory level of cleanliness it is cleaned immediately.
• Robes, mitts etc need to be washed as soon as they are returned.
• Towels need to be counted in and out
• Lunch breaks must be taken separate to other colleagues working in the same department to ensure spa cleaning is covered at all times.
• To maintain effective communication links within the Spa and all other departments within Whittlebury Hall.
• To report to the maintenance department any faults with equipment or necessary maintenance throughout The Spa.
• To attend any training courses/sessions as requested by the Spa Management.
• To carry out any reasonable duties within the Spa or the hotel as requested by the Hotel or Spa Management.
• Always to have a radio on and be aware of how it works
• Be aware of your supervisor’s location at all times
- Basic functional skills
- No experience necessary
- Positive attitude - willingness, open to new ideas
- Good time keeping
- English speaking to a degree
- Previous experience in cleaning role