Main Objective & Job Role
Assist in all aspects of food preparation for the section
Carry out all tasks set by senior members of staff.
Main Area of Responsibility
- Collect and put away General Stores and Food Stores items.
- Assist in the setting up of restaurant preparation and service
- Cook and prepare food for all Food and Beverage outlets under supervision.
- Ensure all food items are date stamped and are used up in strict rotation.
- Make sure & check that all mis-en-place is up to date & liase with other sections regarding their mis-en-place and wastage
- Ensure that the highest standard of preparation, hygiene and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen.
- Maintain a high standard of discipline to reduce waste and accidents.
- Report all faults, errors, complaints and compliments to the Senior Chef on duty.
- Reports and hygiene problems including pest sightings to the Senior Chef on duty
- Be constantly aware of new ideas and create new dishes in the Food and Beverage outlets.
- To adhere to the company's procedures on health, safety, security and hygiene.
- Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation, and security procedures for the Hotel.
- Reporting any accidents and potential hazards to the Department Head.
- To attend any internal or external courses that management may deem beneficial.
- To be alive to new ideas and systems which could benefit the department or Hotel.
- To help and advise new staff on all aspects and standards in all job activities.
- To be smart in appearance and courteous at all times, and to act as an ambassador of the Hotel
- To be punctual for duty at all times
- To carry out any reasonable requests made by management
- To be flexible in the duties required by you, by assisting in another department if requested to by Department Head
Salary: £10 per hour
This role is known internally as an S2 role, and some of the benefits associated with this role are:
- Free Golf & Leisure membership
- Cashback on essential health care
- Employee awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions - 4x salary death in service policy
- Staff canteen with free staff meals
Discounts on: food & beverage, hair studio appointments, Spa products, hotel stays, Virgin Experience days, new cars
COVID-19 considerations: We have received industry awards for being COVID secure.
To apply Email: email@example.com Or complete the application form below