MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
To carry out works required to repair, maintain and improve the buildings and facilities within the designated areas of Whittlebury Hall in order to ensure that we provide an excellent customer experience at all times and continuity of the business.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
• To carry out short term maintenance work – emergency repairs affecting guest bedrooms and services with immediate effect with a common sense approach to cause minimal disruption to our guests
• To liaise fully with all departments with regard to maintenance, especially spa, housekeeping and the food productions areas.
• To deal with emergency and breakdown calls and answer communications quickly and efficiently.
• To ensure all security procedures laid down by the hotel are strictly adhered to.
• To follow the company’s Health & Safety Policy and to complete all duties on the Health & Safety checklists as soon as possible. Otherwise to liaise with the appropriate HOD, General Manager and external contractors.
• Basic Painting and Decorating knowledge.
• Attend training when required.
• To be fully aware of and adhere to Company Health & Safety and Fire procedures.
• This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out tasks requested by the management.
• Carry out checks on areas of the buildings as required.
• Carry out repairs and maintenance work as requested by the Maintenance Manager, ensuring that work is carried out safely, efficiently and with minimum disruption to guests and members of the public.
• Take receipt of deliveries and to store items or goods pertaining to Maintenance.
• Ensure that all effort is made to repair faults to rooms without delay to avoid any inconvenience to guests.
• Ensure that daily and weekly cleaning is carried out and keep records as required.
• Greet guests professionally in a polite and friendly manner.
• Provide a responsive, helpful and good quality service to internal customers (colleagues)
• Adhere to Company grooming standards at all times to promote Whittlebury Hall as a professional company
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Ensure that you familiarise yourself with and follow all safety rules and procedures in place
• Ensure you understand all COSHH regulations and to use only the company supplied chemicals and cleaning materials as instructed, and the use of protective clothing and equipment.
• Keep secure all cleaning materials and equipment issued.
• Ensure all allocated machinery is kept in safe working order.
• Report all potential accidents and make sure that any accidents are recorded in the accident report system.
• Take care of your own health and safety and that of your colleagues and customers.
• Ensure that you understand the Company Fire Policy and Procedures.
• Use appropriate PPE as and when required when using equipment/chemicals etc
• Carry out any other unplanned duties as required to meet the needs of the business
• Due to the nature of the business working patterns vary and can include evenings, weekends and holiday periods
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.