MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Wash all china and cutlery ensuring all debris and food particles are removed.
- Ensure dishwasher has detergent at the start of every shift and is replaced as required during the shift.
- Ensure dishwashing machine is kept in good working order and report any faults to the Head Chef immediately.
- Ensure any chipped or broken crockery is discarded immediately in a safe manner.
- Ensure machine is cleaned and emptied at the end of every shift and switched off as per cleaning schedule.
- Clean all pots as requested ensuring all grease and debris are removed.
- Ensure all crockery and cutlery items are returned to the still room once washed.
- Return all pots correctly to the kitchen once cleaned as per Head Chefs requirements.
- Ensure areas surrounding dish wash areas are cleaned and safe as per cleaning schedule.
- Ensure dishwasher machine is used a per manufacturers instructions at all times.
- Ensure floor areas in the dry stores, Chefs office corridor, between kitchen and hallway are kept clean as requested by Head Chef.
- Clean all fridges and freezers on a weekly basis as per cleaning schedule and/or requested by Head Chef.
- Attend training sessions as requested by Head Chef.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out within the legislative requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Adhere to manual handling regulations when carrying out any tasks which involve lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and tasks of a repetitive nature.
- Adhere to the regulations in the Fire Precautions Act 1971.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management.