MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
The Guest Relations Assistant provides hotel guests with above-and-beyond service to ensure their experience will be worth remembering. Attend to guests courteously and deal promptly with their requests and queries. Have information about the hotel and local information. Check on VIP guest movements. Collect guest feedback forms and do any possible first hand service recovery steps.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
To provide a comprehensive service that is based on welcome, hospitality, warmth and the genuine desire to provide personal but not intrusive service through the delivery of high quality customer service in a spotlessly clean and beautifully maintained environment.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
Guest Relations is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Meet, greet and direct Guests who enter the lobby area.
- Serve as the main point of contact for VIP Guests and ensure hotel departments are fully briefed on their requirements in the absence of the Guest Relations Officer
- Seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Serve as a point of contact for all stay Guests – ensuring they feel comfortable and can ask advice or information from Guest Relations
- Actively listen, manage, and resolve and record guests’ complaints
- Ensure the continuous day to day response to TripAdvisor reviews.
- Share positive comments and compliments with colleagues
- Ensure and provide upscale, professional and high class guest service experiences
- Assist in analysing customer feedback to continuously improve overall rating
- Respond to guests needs and anticipate their unstated ones
- Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure complete service recovery
- Ensure a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained for all receptions
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all facilities and services provided within the hotel and identify opportunities for up-selling and promoting when appropriate
- Communicate with the Guest Relations Office and track regular Guests for their loyalty
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To adhere to all the company's procedure on health, safety and hygiene.
- Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation and security procedures for the Hotel.
- Report any accidents and potential hazards to the Department Head.
- To attend any internal or external courses that management may deem beneficial.
- To be energetic to new ideas and systems which could benefit the department or hotel
MAINTAINING IMAGE OF THE HOTEL
- To be smart in appearance and courteous at all times.
- To act as an ambassador for the Hotel.
- To be punctual for duty at all times.
- Train all new staff to a competent standard of work in the section.
- Excellent guest interaction skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and independently
- Front Office experience is vital