Groups & Diary Specialist
Conference and Events Office Manager
As Groups & Diary Specialist you will be driving sales within corporate business, managing and processing groups. You be in charge of managing the hotels diary strategy ensuring we are liaising with all departments to ensure we are confirming, denying and 2nd optioning the correct business. You will have excellent attention to detail with the determination and drive to do well.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieve sales and service targets ensuring the correct systems and processes are in place
- Implementing company policies with regard to contracts, service delivery, confirmations and internal information distribution
- To respond to all incoming inquiries for ad hoc groups, and to provide accurate and detailed quotations.
- To make decisions on the acceptance or rejection of group bookings based on rate and availability in order to maximise hotel revenue.
- Take ownership of Formula one and Moto GP corporate hospitality bookings. - To ensure a rolling monthly check is conducted on all incoming groups and options held to ensure accurate inventory availability, and to check and manage ensuring all groups are chased, information is up to date and accurate. - To fully explore the sales potential of all new and existing clients. - Manage the availability of the diary within the hotel’s selling strategy. - Control the business mix ensuring maximum revenue. - Ensure that C&E statistics are calculated accurately - Ensure accuracy of data in Visual 1. - Produce a 3-month rolling forecast on a weekly basis for prospect business.
- Be fully aware of budgeted revenue targets for the year, forecasts, sales and marketing plan
- Identify potential areas of revenue increase and submit proposals and implement plans
- Ensure upselling
- Be responsible for actively selling all relative products to potential customers
- Ensure that all site inspections are fulfilled professionally, efficiently and matched to each and every customer’s needs - Be aware and up to date with the current competitor set and their facilities. - Fully support the Sales Team in obtaining leads and to participate in telesales.
- Ensure effective communication within the team and other departments
- Have a full understanding of Visual 1 and become a super user.
- To review the performance of the team and data integrity of bookings regularly using company guidelines
- Regularly monitor quality and standard of service and assess shortfalls and successes with implementation of remedial action as required.
- You will have previous experience in Reservations or Conference and Events.
- Large full-service hotel background is key to understand the demands of the business
- You will be highly motivated with a keen eye for customer service, planning and organisation
- It is desirable that you will have previous Diary Management experience