Main Objective & Job Role
Assist in all aspects of food preparation for the section. Carry out all tasks set by senior members of staff.
- Collect and put away General Stores and Food Stores items
- Assist in the setting up of restaurant preparation and service
- Cook and prepare food for all Food and Beverage outlets under supervision
- Ensure all food items are date stamped and are used up in strict rotation
- Make sure & check that all mis-en-place is up to date & liase with other sections regarding their mis-en-place and wastage
- Ensure that the highest standard of preparation, hygiene and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen
- Maintain a high standard of discipline to reduce waste and accidents
- Report all faults, errors, complaints and compliments to the Senior Chef on duty
- Reports and hygiene problems including pest sightings to the Senior Chef on duty
- Be constantly aware of new ideas and create new dishes in the Food and Beverage outlets
Health & Safety
- To adhere to all the company's procedure on health, safety and hygiene.
- Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation and security procedures for the Hotel.
- Report any accidents and potential hazards to the Department Head.
- To attend any internal or external courses that management may deem beneficial.
- To be energetic to new ideas and systems which could benefit the department or hotel
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Work at the FOH in service of food, e.g. Sunday Brunch buffets, Breakfasts
- To take charge of the kitchen occasionally in the absence of senior chefs
- To carry out any reasonable requests made by management
- To be flexible in the duties required of you, by assisting in another department if requested to by Department Head
Salary 40 hours/£20,000 per annum
This role is known internally as an S2 role, and some of the benefits associated with this role are:
- Free Golf & Leisure membership
- Cashback on essential health care (Full time staff only)
- Employee awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions - 4x salary death in service policy (Full time staff only) -
- Staff canteen with free staff meals (currently paused whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place)
Discounts on: food & beverage, hair studio appointments, Spa products, hotel stays, Virgin Experience days, new cars
COVID-19 considerations: We have received industry awards for being COVID secure.
To apply Email: email@example.com Or complete the application form below