MAIN OBJECTIVES AND JOB ROLE:
Supervise the day to day running of the allocated sections. Make sure relevant food is prepared to standard for all food and beverage outlets.
- Supervise the work of all Commis and Apprentice Chefs.
- Make sure & check that all mis-en-place is up to date & liase with other sections regarding their mis-en-place and wastage.
- Check board for functions and number of people to cater for.
- Ensure that a high standard of preparation, hygiene and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen.
- To requisition a sufficient supply of food from the stores on a daily basis.
- Motivate all staff on section.
- Reports all faults, errors, complaints and compliments to the Senior Chef on duty.
- Make sure all food and beverages are used up in strict rotation.
- Attends meetings and liaise on Banqueting functions or any special parties as required.
- Be constantly aware of new ideas and create new dishes in the Food and Beverage outlets.
- Ensures that all food items are date stamped.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To adhere to all the company's procedure on health, safety and hygiene.
- Full awareness and compliance with the fire evacuation and security procedures for the Hotel.
- Report any accidents and potential hazards to the Department Head.
- To attend any internal or external courses that management may deem beneficial.
- To be energetic to new ideas and systems which could benefit the department or hotel
- Attend departmental meetings.
MAINTAINING IMAGE OF THE HOTEL
- To be smart in appearance and courteous at all times and to act as ambassador for the Hotel.
- To be punctual for duty at all times.
- Train all new staff to a competent standard of work in the section.
- Work at the FOH in service of food, e.g. Sunday Brunch buffets, Breakfasts.
- To take charge of the kitchen occasionally in the absence of senior chefs.
- To carry out any reasonable requests made by management.
- To be flexible in the duties required of you, by assisting in another department if requested to by Department Head.