Main Objective & Job Role
Whittlebury Park is looking for a high spirited, positive leader who possesses strong organisational skills with the ability to plan, operate and organise as we develop and improve this side of the beverage operation together. The ability to lead a diverse team and generate an environment that encourages development, produces individual ownership and touches on details are a must.
Working with the F&B manager and outlet managers you will quickly hone in on the areas of logistics required for our busy function and wedding bar operations. Working together as a team you will adapt, develop and improve existing beverage structures while creating, introducing and implementing new ideas and procedures to further progress the quality, control and organisation of the beverage infrastructure.
Although you will be an intricate part of the F&B organisation you will have full autonomy of your areas of responsibilities, giving you every opportunity through training, coaching and developing to ensure that food and beverage service is of the highest quality and staff are motivated to drive our guest experience and revenue to another level.
Main Area of Responsibility
- Lead and develop a well-trained, motivated and supervised beverage team. In addition work with other service areas of F&B to ensure training and exposure is maintained for your team enabling beverage staff to work across other F&B service areas.
- Establish and maintain cohesive, constructive and positive communication link with other HODs and staff.
- Ensure that all bar requirements on function sheet instructions are met
- Ensure the department’s rotas are accurate; staff coverage is in accordance with the expected level of business, that wages are within the agreed budget and that overtime is kept to a minimum
- Take ownership of the ordering of all supplies, including the receipt of said orders e.g. wines, spirits, beer, soft drinks, bar equipment and glassware. Ensuring that all stock is ordered and maintained in accordance to business levels and is kept secured.
- Own stock taking procedures. Monitor stock throughout the month you will have the ability to prepare and organise an accurate monthly stock take.
- Liaise and communicate with the Chef and restaurants departmental Assistants and supervisors on daily performance of outlets
- Regularly patrol the hotel areas, especially at peak times. Co-ordinate and direct staff accordingly as and when required
- Regularly monitor quality and standard of service. Assess shortfalls and successes. Implement remedial action as required.
- Ensure that guest complaints are shared with F&B office and remedial action is taken as required.
- Communicate relevant results, shortfalls, targets, compliments and complaints to your team.
- Liaise with the HR Manager and F&B Manager on recruitment needs. Interview and recruit suitable candidates within your team. Supervisors and managers are required to be seen by another related manager.
Salary: £27,000 – £29,000 per year depending on experience
This role is known internally as an S1 role, and some of the benefits associated with this role are:
- Free Golf & leisure membership
- Cashback on essential health care (Full time staff only)
- Employee awards
- Enhanced Pension Contributions - 4x salary death in service policy (Full time staff only) -
- Staff canteen with free staff meals
Discounts on: food & beverage, hair studio appointments, Spa products, hotel stays, Virgin Experience days, new cars
COVID-19 considerations: We have received industry awards for being COVID secure.
To apply Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or complete the application form below