MAIN OBJECTIVES & JOB ROLE:
The Agency Sales Manager role is central to the revenue generation and development of the HBAA and TMC client market and the Whittlebury Hall offering to our clients. The job holder will need to deliver challenging revenue targets in a diverse and fast moving market place.
MAIN AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Managing relationships with venue finding/event agencies
• Proactively seeking & developing relationships with new venue finding/event agencies
• Dealing with agent enquires generated from assigned key accounts – from conception through to completion
• Create and manage a sales pipeline to support with growth and KPI’s – with New Business, Existing Business & Existing Business+
• Creating an account management plan to ensure that you are successful and targets are achieved
• Create an agent specific, sales and marketing plan
• Attend networking events, trade events, exhibitions and clients events
TASKS & DUTIES:
• Proactively account managing all event agents & venue finding organisations in line with account management plan.
• Manage enquiries received from assigned accounts through to contract stage, along with the assigned Event Planners.
• In line with KPI’s set – increase volume of enquiries, increase conversion rate of enquiries from agents and increase overall revenue generated from agents .
• With SM/BDMs set and negotiate corporate rates for key agent accounts, in line with our corporate pricing strategy
• Produce content, create and manage an agent specific newsletter/landing page/communications as and when required.
• Conduct other marketing activity in line with sales and marketing plan
• Organise and manage agency entertaining events throughout the year – including on site and off site
• Conduct telesales days to establish ongoing customer needs and identify changing trends in the market, in line with the S&M target plans.
• Develop and qualify a sales pipeline of agents for the agreed target market segment who have a regular requirement. Establish their potential, negotiate preferred rates/packages and monitor the development of such accounts to gain commitment to Whittlebury Hall
• Negotiate commission as required – and ensure all active agents have completed our service level agreement
• Implement commission structures for your key agents
• Complete monthly activity reports for agent activity – reporting on activity conducted, volume of enquires, conversion and forecast
• Undertake show rounds with agents and agent’s clients to further penetrate accounts and maximise revenue opportunities.
• Represent Whittlebury Hall at networking events, trade shows and exhibitions.
• Utilise the Sales & Marketing system within Visual One to log all activity, keep customer information up to date and plan call patterns.
• To be confident with Whittlebury Hall budgets and targets.
• Understand the P&L, hot stats data and other market intelligence to adapt and identify new opportunities
• To undertake any task as requested by management which are specific to your role or for the good of Whittlebury Hall
• Carry out regular competitive analysis.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
• Well organised, self-motivated, confident and independent worker, professional at all times
• Ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines
• Exceptional customer service experience
• Flexibility with the role is required – may require some weekend, evening work and travelling around the UK
• Minimum of 2 years’ sales experience from a hospitality, travel and tourism background
• Ideal candidate will have account management and pro-active sales experience
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out reasonable tasks requested by management